Humber River Hospital offers a variety of volunteer opportunities to make a difference. Here are just a few of the different ways you can assist in our hospital.
On an inpatient unit, volunteers enhance the patient experience by:
● Providing one-on-one visits with patients
● Assisting patients at mealtime
● Facilitating recreational activities
In our outpatient clinics and surgical area, there are many ways to assist patients and staff members.
Volunteer duties include:
● Greeting patients as they arrive
● Assisting staff by escorting patients and providing information
● Providing emotional support and comfort measures for patients
Visitors & Public
The Lobby Services volunteers provide information and directional support for the visitors and community members that come to the hospital.
These volunteers assist with:
● Greeting and escorting patients and visitors throughout the hospital
● Assisting with patient inquiry phone calls, and providing hospital information
The Volunteer Association manages two retail services in the hospital: the Gift Shop and the Baby Boutique.
Volunteers assist in the daily operation of the retail services by:
● Welcoming patients, families and visitors
● Assisting customers in the selection and purchase of items
Specialty Services: Talent Sharing
In many of our service areas, volunteers with special talents enhance our patients' experience through specific volunteer programs.
If you have a special talent in any of these areas, or additional talents not listed, please provide details in your volunteer application.
● Music Program
● Art Program
● Knitting Program