Humber River is proud to offer a family-centred environment with services and facilities that promote our family-centred approach to care. As a designated Regional Paediatric Centre, Humber River’s Women’s and Children’s Health Program is committed to protecting the lives of newborns, children and their families.
Operating on two sites, the Program delivers close to five thousand babies each year and is a regional leader in women’s and children’s health care. We are pleased to adjust plans of care to accommodate the cultural diversity of our patients, our community and beyond. In paediatrics, families are encouraged to be involved in health-care decisions together with their children. Our Hug and Hold Program – the first of its kind in Ontario – is representative of our family-centred approach to delivering quality and safe care.
Our Women’s and Children’s Health Program is grateful for the support we receive from many community sponsors and organizations, including Ronald McDonald House Charities and the Starlight Foundation.
These partnerships enable us to deliver on-going quality care for the whole family.
Women’s and Children’s Program at a Glance: Birthing Services and Women’s Health Unit
- Inpatient and Outpatient
- Labour and Delivery
- Pre-Natal and Post-Partum Services, including breastfeeding and nutritional counselling
Level II and Special Care Nurseries
- Level II Neonatal Intensive Care Unit
- Level II Special Care Nursery, including specialized care for babies with special needs, especially those related to prematurity
- Newborn Hearing Screening Program
Level II Paediatrics Centre
- Inpatient and Outpatient Services
- Specialized care for infants, children, adolescents and young adults
- Clinics in Occupational Therapy, Speech Language Pathology, Nutrition,
Medical and Surgical Day Care and Child Life Programs
The following clinics operate in this Program on an outpatient basis:
- Asthma and Allergy
- Neonatal Follow-Up Clinic
- Paediatric Outpatient Clinic