PHARMACY SERVICES DEPARTMENT
(Please quote competition number 14.0246
on your application)
Hours of Work
(Subject to Change):
- All shifts – days, evenings, nights
- Responsible for the provision of clinical pharmacy services for the purpose of achieving definite outcomes to improve the patients’ quality of life.
- Other “drug use control” responsibilities, including review of physician’s orders, creation and maintenance of computerized patient
- medication profiles, IV admixture, TPN, chemotherapy preparation, drug information and adverse drug reaction reporting.
- Order entry of prescriptions in the MEDITECH system, clinical pharmacotherapy monitoring, checking of chemotherapy, and selective medications dispensing.
- Other duties as assigned
- B.Sc. in Pharmacy required.Current registration with the Ontario College of Pharmacists required – Part A.
- Previous hospital experience in unit dose and/or IV additive preferred.
- Hospital residency program or equivalent an asset.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as a member of a team.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize a consistent and varied workload.
- Ability to direct and teach staff.
- Demonstrated written and verbal communication skills required, in order to facilitate effective communication with
patients, peers, other health care providers, and volunteers.
- Demonstrated ability to identify, prevent and resolve drug related problems.
- Good understanding of change management; must be able to identify change needs and proactively act on those needs.
- Effective negotiation and conflict management/ resolution skills required.
- A positive attendance record required.
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter and resume to Human Resources (please quote the competition number and poisition title in the subject line of an email submission.)
Humber River Hospital
2111 Finch Ave West
Toronto, ON M3N 1N1
We thank all candidates that apply but only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Humber River Hospital is an equal opportunity employer and we will accommodate your needs under the Ontario Human Rights Code. Upon individual request, hiring processes will be modified to remove barriers to accommodate those with disabilities. Should any applicant require accommodation through the application, interview or selection processes, please contact the Human Resources Department or assistance.