(Please quote competition number 14.0073)
Using a collaborative and consultative approach, the Clinical Coordinator, Respiratory Therapy & Cardio Diagnostics will assist in providing program/service leadership to create an environment for innovation and excellence in patient focused care. The Clinical Coordinator is
accountable for the day-to-day operation of the Respiratory Therapy & Cardio Diagnostic departments and is accountable to the Manager, Respiratory Therapy & Cardio Diagnostics.
- Provide high quality,safe, and efficient, and patient-focused care services through effective human, environmental and fiscal resource management
- Participate in the recruitment, performance planning/development, and employee/labour relations matters of employees in consultation with the Manager as appropriate.
- In collaboration with the Manager, lead specific quality improvement initiatives.
- Manage day to day processes that enable the delivery of high quality, patient-focused services to meet customer need and expectation.
- Organize and coordinate activities of clinical areas to meet patient needs and in collaboration with all members of the health care team.
- Co-ordinate and organize daily staffing assignments and scheduling while facilitating the development of staff to achieve advanced clinical practice standards. Implement internal/external linkages and coordinate services in response to the needs of patients.
- Ensure adherence to hospital policies, procedures and professional standards are maintained by all staff. Provide leadership
and consultation to staff in the development, implementation and evaluation of related projects and initiatives.
This challenging position requires:
- Registered member of the College of Respiratory Therapists of Ontario (CRTO) in good standing with no restrictions to practice
- Completion of a degree in health administration and/or other related health discipline
- A minimum of 5 years of recent Cardio Respiratory leadership experience in a hospital setting
- Previous supervisory and teaching experience
- Demonstrated leadership abilities in day-to-day operations, HR management and financial management
- Demonstrated communication skills and ability towards team building, working collaboratively and building trust
- Excellent decision making and problem solving skills with ability to effectively prioritize multiple demands
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Positive attendance record
- Demonstrated commitment to professional practice standards and patient-focused care
- Ability to function effectively independently as well as collaboratively within a multidisciplinary team Effectively perform clinical coordination and other
cross-functional duties across sites consistent with job requirements as needed
Qualified internal applicants should submit an internal application with their resume and covering letter to Human Resources (please quote the competition number and position title in the subject line of an email submission):
Humber River Hospital
2111 Finch Ave West
Toronto, ON M3N 1N1
We thank all applicants for their interest, but advise that only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Humber River Hospital is an equal opportunity employer and we will accommodate your needs under the Ontario Human Rights Code. Upon individual request, hiring processes will be modified to remove barriers to accommodate those with disabilities. Should any applicant require accommodation through the application, interview or selection processes, please contact the Human Resources Department at (416) 243-4413 for assistance.