HOURS OF WORK
- Rotation through all shifts, days, evenings and nights.
- Available during the week, every other weekend. Available for vacation and sick relief as required.
DUTIES INCLUDE (BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO):
- Order entry and registration of patients
- Administrative, clerical and customer service support including reception/customer service, patients processing and maintenance of patient records.
- Allocates beds for admitted patients. Assists with unit clerical staffing
- Other clerical support as requested by the Resource nurse/manager.
PRE-REQUISITES INCLUDE (BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO):
- High school graduate or equivalent
- Completion of secretarial and medical terminology courses an asset
- Completion of a Community College Medical Secretary Diploma an asset
- A good working knowledge of basic related medical terminology
- Minimum 2 year full time equivalent recent clerical experience required, preferably in a health care setting.
- Good keyboarding skills, with minimum typing speed of 40 WPM.
- Computer proficiency including Microsoft Office Suite
- Strong interpersonal skills, both oral and written
- MEDITECH computer experience an asset
- Good organizational and problem solving skills required, including an ability to prioritize a varied and busy workload. Demonstrated ability to cope with tight deadlines, frequent interruptions and emergency situations.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision in a team environment
- Knowledge of a second language an asset. Demonstrated customer service skills
- A positive attendance record
Applicants required to successfully complete full administrative testing, to include typing speed and MS Office.
Interested applicants are asked to submit a cover letter and current resume via email to Human Resources (please quote the position title in the subject line of an email submission):
Human ResourcesHumber River Hospital2111 Finch Avenue West Toronto, Ontario M3N 1N1 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all candidates that apply but only qualified applicants will be contacted for an interview.
Humber River Hospital is an equal opportunity employer and we will accommodate your needs under the Ontario Human Rights Code. Upon individual request, hiring processes will be modified to remove barriers to accommodate those with disabilities. Should any applicant require accommodation through the application, interview or selection processes, please contact the Human Resources Department at (416) 243-4413 for assistance.