Please quote Competition # 13.0736 on your application
Hours of work (subject to change)
- 37.5 hours per week, Monday to Friday. Overtime & weekends may be required
- Travel between Hospital sites, to other hospitals, and to suppliers’ facilities or references may be required periodically
Duties include (but are not limited to):
- Ensure all contracts are planned, formed, and managed in accordance with the policy for Hospital Wide Purchasing and the policies and procedures established for Contract Management.
- Plan the timely renewal or development of new contracts
- Form new contracts in conjunction with users
- Manage established contracts
- Meet with sales representatives to review products and services that are relevant to the contracts within their portfolio.
- Actively promote the use of products awarded under Healthpro agreements throughout the Hospital.
- Actively promote product and service standardization across all sites, programs, and support services.
- Identify and actively pursue effective cost savings measures.
- Actively participate in Product Review and Standardization Committees.
- Review and resolve all invoice discrepancies related to supplies or services covered under contract.
- Perform special projects
- Other duties as assigned
Pre-requisites include (but are not limited to):
- Community College diploma in Business Administration or related equivalent experience.
- Completion of Level 2 courses from Purchasing Management Association of Canada.
- Minimum of two years related experience in negotiations and contract law in a highly computerized environment.
- Proficient in MS Word and Excel.
- Ability to prioritize and organize a constant and varied workload.
- Ability to work within established guidelines with a minimum of day-to-day supervision.
- Ability to interact with visitors and staff at all levels of the organization in a tactful and courteous manner.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work both independently and as a member of a team.
- Ability to negotiate effectively and with integrity.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of purchasing resources, terminology, and methodology.
- Above average mathematical and statistical abilities.
- Accurate data entry skills.
- Demonstrated problem solving skills.
- Must have a good attendance records
Qualified applicants should submit their resume and covering letter (please quote the competition number and position title in the subject line of an email submission): Human ResourcesHumber River HospitalEmail: firstname.lastname@example.orgHumber River Hospital is an equal opportunity employer and we will accommodate your needs under the Ontario Human Rights Code. Upon individual request, hiring processes will be modified to remove barriers to accommodate those with disabilities. Should any applicant require accommodation through the application, interview or selection processes, please contact the Human Resources Department at (416) 243-4413 for assistance.
We thank all applicants for their interest, but advise that only those selected for interviews will be contacted.