Build your career at the hospital that’s building for the future
Humber River Hospital is committed to revolutionizing patient care for our diverse community. With the opening of our new facility, North America’s first fully digital hospital, scheduled for October 18, 2015, the future is very exciting for our people and programs. And we’re looking for exceptional individuals to join our great team: people who share our passion to deliver excellent, patient-focused, expert care. The Hospital is formally affiliated with both the University of Toronto and Queen’s University.
Right now we’re looking for two Permanent Part time Dialysis Assistants to work in our Nephrology Program. Humber River’s Nephrology Program is a leading regional centre for Dialysis Services – one of Toronto’s largest dialysis programs – and is responsible for the management and coordination of renal services within the Central Local Health Integration Network (LHIN). This is complemented by our Nocturnal Home Hemodialysis Program – the first of its kind and one of the largest in the world – and a well established pre-dialysis clinic for thorough patient assessment and monitoring.
- Preparing supplies create access bundles, prepare patient charts, setting up and priming dialysis machines for treatment.
- Stripping bloodlines and dialyzers from machines using BSP standards. Cleaning/disinfecting dialysis machines internally and externally between treatments.
- Cleaning stretchers, chairs, tables between patient treatments as required.
- Moving appropriate equipment in and out of unit depending on patient requirements.
- Transporting and setting up dialysis equipment for acute treatments in various areas of hospital. Transporting patients as required.
- Assisting patients to appropriate station; assisting nursing staff with patient transfers.Delivering and picking up specimens from the Lab as required.
- A high school diploma or equivalent required.
- Two (2) years recent experience in Dialysis required.
- Completion of a Dialysis Assistant course an asset.
- Must have demonstrated ability to read and understand basic medical terminology, concepts of sterility and aseptic technique.
- Must have demonstrated ability to assemble equipment for a specific task or function.
- Ability and willingness to learn, understand, and follow basic technical concepts as they relate to complex electronic and hydraulic system operations.
- Ability to understand and problem solve issues related to medical equipment and its safe use in the Hemodialysis Unit.
- Must have basis knowledge of infection control principles. Must have demonstrated organizational, problem solving and interpersonal skills.
- Must be physically able to perform duties requiring heavy exertion (lifting, pushing , pulling).
- Must be able to walk/stand for extended periods of time.
Location: Humber River Hospital – Church site, cross site coverage may be required
Hours of work: Available to work day and evening shifts from Monday to Sunday.
Employee Group: Teamster Service
Interested applicants are invited to submit a cover letter and resume via email to Human Resources, referencing the competition number 14.0398-14.0399 in your subject line.
Humber River Hospital
We thank all candidates that apply but only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Humber River Hospital is an equal opportunity employer and we will accommodate your needs under the Ontario Human Rights Code. Upon individual request, hiring processes will be modified to remove barriers to accommodate those with disabilities. Should any applicant require accommodation through the application, interview or selection processes, please contact the Human Resources Department for assistance.