(Please quote competition # 13.0312)
The Humber River Family Health Team (HRFHT), a growing, multi-site FHT, opened in October 2011. It provides collaborative, interdisciplinary, comprehensive primary health care to residents from very diverse backgrounds, living in the northwest Greater Toronto Area (GTA), who present a range of complex healthcare needs. The FHT is committed to a holistic, compassionate, patient-centred care emphasizing disease and illness prevention, chronic disease management, harm reduction and health promotion.
The HRFHT is recruiting for a highly motivated, Registered Dietitian (RD) (part-time), with excellent interpersonal, clinical and counselling skills. The incumbent will be responsible primarily for evening and weekend assignments and will travel between FHT sites. He or she will report to the Executive Director.
Purpose of Position:
As a member of an interdisciplinary team, the primary role of the RD is to provide nutritional assessments, counselling and education. The RD will share their expertise and knowledge of diet and nutrition in a primary care context, supporting patient care and the delivery of programs including healthy lifestyles, chronic disease, palliative care, cancer care, reproductive, child and women’s health and geriatric care.
The RD will also provide physicians and team providers with nutritional consultation, education and information that contribute to the health and wellness of patients and the knowledge and expertise of care providers. They will contribute to educational, community relations, client advocacy and other organizational initiatives.
- University degree (Registered Dietician) and member in good standing with the College of Dietitians of Ontario required.
- Proof of liability insurance.
- Membership with Dietitians of Canada Association, preferred.
- Certified Diabetes Educator (CDE) an asset.
Experience, Skills and other Competencies:
- Minimum 1 year healthcare education and counseling experience (individual and group) specific to healthy lifestyles and healthy eating.
- Knowledge and experience in community health and public health sciences and chronic disease management.
- Knowledge of client-centred philosophy, change management, basic principles and practices of community service delivery.
- Demonstrated skills in assessment, program planning, implementation and evaluation.
- Knowledge of community resources relevant to the provision of health promotion and illness prevention.
- Work effectively, both independently and as a member of an interdisciplinary team.
- Open minded, flexible, adaptable to change.
- Non-judgmental, upholding the rights and dignity of all people, respecting their diversity.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficiency in the use of the computer hardware and software, particularly in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook.
- Knowledge and experience in the application of electronic medical records (EMR) an asset.
- Able to work flexible hours (evenings and weekend work required).
- Possess a valid Ontario Driver’s license and have access to a vehicle.
To apply please send a cover letter and resume in strictest confidence to:
Humber River Family Health Teamc/o Human Resource Department Humber River Hospital, Finch Avenue Site2111 Finch Avenue West, Toronto, ON M3N1Email: email@example.com
The successful candidate will work for the Humber River Family Health Team and will have no employment relationship with the Humber Regional Hospital. The Terms and conditions of employment will be decided by the Family Health Team
We thank applicants for their interest however we will only be contacting those selected for interview.