Please quote competition number 14.0110
Reporting to the Vice President of Human Resources & Organizational Effectiveness, the Director, Human Resources and Occupational Health & Safety is responsible for the leadership of our Human Resources and Occupational Health and Safety functions. In preparation for Humber River Hospital’s redevelopment plan the Director will work in collaboration with the Vice President and Director/Managers to ensure that programs, services and systems are aligned with the strategic plan to support of the Hospital’s human resources. Primary Responsibilities:
- Manages hospital wide human resource functions including, talent acquisition and retention, total rewards systems, leadership
development and change management, disability management, occupational health & safety as well as the human resource requirements in support of transition planning
- Ensures excellence in service delivery through continuous quality improvement processes that include planning, quality monitoring, and risk management
- Establishes systems and metrics to measure departmental effectiveness and monitors on an ongoing basis to ensure continuous quality improvement
- Initiates and leads change effectively to ensure goals and objectives of functional areas are aligned with the organization’s strategic direction and that results are achieved while closely adhering to the model of change leadership adopted by Humber River Hospital.
- Provides leadership in the development of new programs, systems and initiatives which respond to current and future needs of the organization.
- Works collaboratively with Program and Service directors/managers to align human resource activities with the strategic plans of the organization.
- Ensures effective strategies and best practices are utilized and applied in all functions of human resources specifically in recruitment, development and retention of talent, building an equitable and inclusive and respectful work environment, establishing a total rewards system, creating and sustaining a culture of safety across the organization.
- Creates a positive environment that fosters employee engagement, professional development, risk taking and innovation.
- Provides on going mentorship for managers and staff supporting professional development and career development.
- Analyze individual development and management development plans to identify program needs.
- Minimum of 7-10 years of experience in a related HR portfolio are backed by a degree (master’s degree preferred) in a related field and HR management education or equivalent. CHRP designation preferred
- Demonstration of strong management, excellent collaborative leadership and team building skills, superior communication, decision making, problem solving, facilitation and planning skills are all required.
- Demonstrated ability to establish strong relationships with leaders at all levels including union leaders and employees.
- Experience interpreting and applying, Employment and Occupational Health and Safety Legislation including the Ontario Human
Rights Code, AODA , Workplace Safety and Insurance Act and Collective Agreements.
This is an excellent opportunity to be part of a dynamic management team as we establish Ontario’s first fully digital hospital.
Interested applicant should submit a cover and letter and resume to Human Resources (please quote the competition number and position title in the subject line of an email submission):
Humber River Hospital
2111 Finch Ave West
Toronto, ON M3N 1N1
We thank all candidates that apply but only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Humber River Hospital is an equal opportunity employer and we will accommodate your needs under the Ontario Human Rights Code. Upon individual request, hiring processes will be modified to remove barriers to accommodate those with disabilities. Should any applicant require accommodation through the application, interview or selection processes, please contact the Human Resources Department for assistance.