(Please quote competition number 14.0069)
An exciting opportunity exists for an Advance Practice Nurse with an interest in developing emergency department services for frail seniors, the Regional Geriatric Program of Toronto’s (RGP) Geriatric Emergency Management (GEM). The Advance Practice Nurse will join the existing GEM Nurse team that works at the Humber River Hospital Emergency Departments and will also be a member of the GEM team
coordinated by the RGP.
Hours of Work (Subject to Change):
- Monday to Friday Days (mix of 8 & 12 hours)
- Scheduled to work from Humber River Hospital Emergency Departments (alternate between Finch and Church sites)
- Some weekend coverage required
As a GEM Nurse you will:
- Develop and evaluate models of service to better serve frail seniors who visit the emergency department.
- Liaise with other hospital, community and long-term care services in the region
- Together with the other GEM nurses in the city and across the province, you will develop ways to build the
province’s capacity to deliver more effective emergency services for frail seniors.
- Completion of Masters Degree in Nursing (required); candidates who have completed a BScN and are enrolled in a Masters program in Nursing will be considered
- Registered Nurse in good standing with the College of Nurses of Ontario (required)
- Member of the Registered Nurses Association of Ontario (an asset)
- Gerontological Nursing Certification (preferred)
- Minimum 5 years experience in geriatrics and/or emergency services
Additional qualifications include, excellent oral and written communication skills, knowledge of the principles of adult education, comfort with computers, and the capacity for both self-direction and collaboration within the context of an interdisciplinary team.
Qualified applicants are asked to submit a current resume and cover letter to Human Resources (please quote the competition number and the position title in the subject line of an email submission):
Humber River Hospital
2111 Finch Ave West
Toronto, ON M3N 1N1
We thank all applicants for their interest, but advise that only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Humber River Hospital is an equal opportunity employer and we will accommodate your needs under the Ontario Human Rights Code. Upon individual request, hiring processes will be modified to remove barriers to accommodate those with disabilities. Should any applicant require accommodation through the application, interview or selection processes, please contact the Human Resources Department at (416) 243-4413 for assistance.