Gynecology focuses on the diagnosis, prevention and treatment of disorders and conditions related to the female reproductive system (uterus, vagina and ovaries). Humber River Hospital’s experienced obstetric/gynecologic (OB/GYN) surgeons offer comprehensive services for a wide range of gynecologic conditions such as benign conditions, cancer, infertility, and incontinence. We are dedicated to providing our patients with high quality, individualized care with compassion and respect.
Our expert OB/GYN surgeons diagnose and treat conditions such as:
- Pelvic inflammatory disease
- Painful periods
- Chronic pelvic pain
- Pelvic organ prolapse
Our gynecologic surgeons perform procedures such as:
- Tubal ligation - during this surgical procedure for sterilization, the fallopian tubes are clamped and sealed to prevent eggs from reaching the uterus for fertilization.
- Dilatation and curettage (D&C) - this procedure widens (dilation) the cervix and removes of part of the lining of the uterus and/or the contents of the uterus by scraping and scooping (curettage).
- Hysterectomy and node dissection for endometrial and cervical cancers.
- Hysterectomy for fibroids and endometriosis.
- Treatment for pelvic organ prolapse.
Gynecology and Colposcopy Clinics
The Gynecology Clinic is dedicated to managing cancers of the female reproductive system. Our Colposcopy Clinic offers screening, diagnosis, treatment and education for women with abnormal Pap tests and other pre-cancer disorders of the cervix, vagina and vulva. Cancer experts on your team work closely with you to ensure you get the best care possible.
Referral by physician is required. Non-elective or urgent procedures are referred through the Emergency Department.
Inpatient Unit: 10th Floor, use the Central elevators. The West Parkade is the closest parking lot.
416 242-1000 ext. 41050 (east) or 41000 (west)
Outpatient Clinic: Located in the Medical/Surgical Unit on the 4th floor, use the East Outpatient elevators. The East Parkade is the closest parking lot, enter the building at Portal A on the south side.
8:00 a.m. - 3:30 p.m. Monday - Friday
416-242-1000 Ext. 23400