Hours of work (subject to change):
- 8-12 hour day or night shifts.
- Weekends and statutory holidays as required.
- This position is currently at the Church Street and Finch Avenue Sites (subject to change).
Duties include (but are not limited to):
- Pre-operative/post-operative care.
- Patient teaching.
- RN duties for inpatient surgical unit.
- Participates in mentorship and preceptorship.
Pre-requisites include (but are not limited to):
- Current Ontario registration, BCLS certification.
- 2 years recent experience in medical/surgical nursing. Knowledge of TPN and CVL’S an asset.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal and communication skills required.
- Solid patient assessment skills with the ability to problem solve. Health assessment course related to specific clinical area is an asset.
- A strong team player with the ability to work with a diverse group of people.
- Ability to be flexible and effectively work in a busy environment with changing priorities and tight deadlines.
- Demonstrated commitment to ongoing professional development.
- Knowledge of a second language an asset.
- Current knowledge and sensitivity to patients’ multicultural needs.
- Willingness to rotate to other department if required.
- A positive attendance record required.
- Knowledge of MEDITECH preferred.
- Demonstrates excellent customer service skills.
- Demonstrates knowledge of occupational health and safety standards
Qualified applicants should submit a resume to Human Resources (please quote the position title in the subject line of an email submission):
Humber River Hospital
2111 Finch Avenue West
Toronto, Ontario M3N 1N1
We thank all applicants for their interest, but advise only those interviewed will be contacted.
Humber River Hospital is an equal opportunity employer and we will accommodate your needs under the Ontario Human Rights Code. Upon individual request, hiring processes will be modified to remove barriers to accommodate those with disabilities. Should any applicant require accommodation through the application, interview or selection processes, please contact the Human Resources Department at (416) 243-4413 for assistance.