HOURS OF WORK (SUBJECT TO CHANGE):
DUTIES INCLUDE (BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO):
- 8-12 hour day or night shifts.
- Weekends and statutory holidays as required.
- This position is currently at the Church Street and Finch Avenue Sites (subject to change).
- Pre-operative/post-operative care.
- Patient teaching.
- RN duties for inpatient surgical unit.
- Participates in mentorship and preceptorship.
PRE-REQUISITES INCLUDE (BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO):
Qualified applicants should submit a resume to:
- Current Ontario registration, BCLS certification.
- 2 years recent experience in medical/surgical nursing. Knowledge of TPN and CVL’S an asset.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal and communication skills required.
- Solid patient assessment skills with the ability to problem solve. Health assessment course related to specific clinical area is an asset.
- A strong team player with the ability to work with a diverse group of people.
- Ability to be flexible and effectively work in a busy environment with changing priorities and tight deadlines.
- Demonstrated commitment to ongoing professional development.
- Knowledge of a second language an asset.
- Current knowledge and sensitivity to patients’ multicultural needs.
- Willingness to rotate to other department if required.
- A positive attendance record required.
- Knowledge of MEDITECH preferred.
- Demonstrates excellent customer service skills.
- Demonstrates knowledge of occupational health and safety standards
Humber River Hospital
Finch Avenue Site
2115 Finch Avenue West
Toronto, Ontario M3N 1N1
Fax. No.: (416) 747-3758
We thank all applicants for their interest, but advise only those interviewed will be contacted.