Build your career at the hospital that’s building for the future
Humber River Hospital is committed to revolutionizing patient care for our diverse community. With the opening of our new facility, North America’s first fully digital hospital, scheduled for October 18, 2015, the future is very exciting for our people and programs. And we’re looking for exceptional individuals to join our great team: people who share our passion to deliver excellent, patient-focused, expert care. The Hospital is formally affiliated with both the University of Toronto and Queen’s University.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Manager to join our Emergency Program Leadership team.
- Reporting to the to the Program Director, Emergency Services the Manager
- Provides effective, efficient and safe patient services through human, financial, and environmental resource management.
- Supports a model of patient centered care that is based on best practice, program and corporate standards, and continuous quality improvement.
- Builds a professional practice climate and facilitates an interdisciplinary approach to patient care.
- Collaborates with internal and external stakeholders and community partners to plan, implement and monitor delivery of patient and family centered programs and services.
- Provides leadership in advancing the goals and objectives of Emergency Services within the organization and supports the program and organization’s strategic priorities.
- Coaches and mentors staff to navigate successfully through change.
- Manages all aspects of employee relations including recruitment, retention,attendance and performance management in collaboration with Human Resources and Labour Relations.
- Currentregistration with the College of Nurses of Ontario. Baccalaureate Degree in Nursing required. Master’s in Nursing,
Health Science or related field required. Candidates who are actively pursuing their Masters will be considered.
- Minimum of five years relevant clinical experience and a minimum of three years leadership experience in an acute care setting.
- Experience in effective critical thinking, decision making and problem solving skills within a fast paced, complex and continually changing environment.
- Experience in leading change, building high functioning teams and effective working relationships.
- Skills in strategic planning, project management, and effective resource management and utilization.
Location: Humber River Hospital – Finch Site;
Employee Group: Management
Interested applicants are invited to submit a cover letter and resume via email to Human Resources, referencing the Competition Number 14.0383 and Position title in your subject line.
Humber River Hospital
We thank all candidates that apply but only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Humber River Hospital is an equal opportunity employer and we will accommodate your needs under the Ontario Human Rights Code. Upon individual request, hiring processes will be modified to remove barriers to accommodate those with disabilities. Should any applicant require accommodation through the application, interview or selection processes, please contact the Human Resources Department for assistance.