(Please quote competition #: 12.0213)
HOURS OF WORK ( SUBJECT TO CHANGE ):
- Must be available for all rotating shifts.
- This position is currently at the Keele Site. Cross site coverage may be required.
DUTIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Operates and maintains all mechanic equipment such as steam boilers, compressors, generators, air conditioning, H.V.A.C units and other related equipment.
- Inspects, installs, repairs, and replaces pipes, fittings, and maintains heating, water and drainage systems.
- Records readings from equipment in the log book.
- Performs chemical tests on boilers, air conditioning, heating, water softeners, and applies chemicals as needed.
- Performs troubleshooting on H.V.A.C. and electrical systems as required.
- Cleans and changes filters as required.
- Performs routine duties in the mechanical room.
- Cleans, lubricates, and checks belts, steam traps, and pumps.
- Performs all maintenance duties throughout the Hospital
- May shovel snow, and spread salt and sand.
- Installation or mounting of other materials as requested.
- Other duties as assigned.
PRE-REQUISITES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Graduate of a trade or vocational school.
- Third class stationary engineer or Building Operators Certificate an asset.
- Previous experience in a large institution.
- Ability to perform a variety of duties according to specific assignments.
- Excellent communication skills when dealing with staff and patients.
- Ability to read, write and follow oral and written instruction.
Interested applicants are asked to send in a cover letter and resume to:
Humber River Hospital
Finch Avenue Site
2111 Finch Avenue West
Toronto, Ontario M3N 1N1
Fax No: (416) 747-3758
Email (text format): email@example.com
We thank all applications for their interest, but advise only those to be interviewed will be contacted.