(Please quote competition #: 12.0214)
HOURS OF WORK ( SUBJECT TO CHANGE ):
- Must be available for all rotating shifts.
- This position is currently at the Church Site. Cross site coverage may be required.
DUTIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Operates and maintains all mechanic equipment such as steam boilers, compressors, generators, air conditioning, H.V.A.C units and other related equipment.
- Inspects, installs, repairs, and replaces pipes, fittings, and maintains heating, water and drainage systems.
- Records readings from equipment in the log book.
- Performs chemical tests on boilers, air conditioning, heating, water softeners, and applies chemicals as needed.
- Performs troubleshooting on H.V.A.C. and electrical systems as required.
- Cleans and changes filters as required.
- Performs routine duties in the mechanical room.
- Cleans, lubricates, and checks belts, steam traps, and pumps.
- Performs all maintenance duties throughout the Hospital
- May shovel snow, and spread salt and sand.
- Installation or mounting of other materials as requested.
- Other duties as assigned.
PRE-REQUISITES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Graduate of a trade or vocational school.
- Third class stationary engineer or Building Operators Certificate an asset.
- Previous experience in a large institution.
- Ability to perform a variety of duties according to specific assignments.
- Excellent communication skills when dealing with staff and patients.
- Ability to read, write and follow oral and written instruction.
Qualified applicants should submit their resume in writing with a covering letter to:
Human ResourcesHumber River Hospital2111 Finch Avenue West Toronto, Ontario M3N 1N1 Email (text format): email@example.com
We thank all applications for their interest, but advise only those to be interviewed will be contacted.
Humber River Hospital is an equal opportunity employer and we will accommodate your needs under the Ontario Human Rights Code. Upon individual request, hiring processes will be modified to remove barriers to accommodate those with disabilities. Should any applicant require accommodation through the application, interview or selection processes, please contact the Human Resources Department at (416) 243-4413 for assistance.