Medical Imaging Services
Known for its superior diagnostic capabilities, internationally-trained staff and compassionate, personal care, Humber River’s Medical Imaging Program plays an integral role in ensuring quality patient care, diagnosis and treatment.
Medical Imaging is a powerful used tool in the task of choosing the right treatment for the right patient at the right time. It is the visualization of the body, tissues and organs for use in clinical diagnosis, treatment and disease monitoring. We have expertise in Muscular Skeletal (MSK) imaging using both MRI and Ultrasound technologies.
Humber River was the first regional community hospital to provide pediatric anesthesia for Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI). With the implementation of the Picture Archiving and Communication System (PACS) and voice recognition reporting for radiologists, the Program operates as a fully digital department.
Patient flow and safety is specific to both inpatient and outpatient needs. A comprehensive preparation and recovery patient area provides the resources for the imaging team to take better care of patients and their families.
Imaging services are located throughout the hospital to provide fast and easy access for patients and their care team. This includes:
- the new Breast Health Center with comprehensive services in one location,
- full imaging services in the Emergency Department 24/7,
- fluoroscopy procedures in the Intensive Care Unit reducing the need to transport critical patients, and
- X-ray services in the Surgical Fracture Clinic.
Medical Imaging Services work collaborative both within the hospital and in the community to provide comprehensive and streamlined services to our patients. HRH Partnerships include:
- Canadian Bone Mineral Densitometry Certification Program
- eHealth Ontario’s Diagnostic Imaging Common Service, which enables the sharing and viewing of patients’ diagnostic images and reports from across Ontario, to hospital and community-based health care providers anytime, anywhere.
- GTA West Diagnostic Imaging Repository
- Ontario Breast Screening Program, part of Cancer Care Ontario
- St. Clair College and Michener Institute – HRH serves as a training site for new MRI and Ultrasound technologists in Canada
- West Park Healthcare Center
All requests for a copy of your images (CD) are to be made in person at Medical Imaging Department. The process to copy the images takes approximately 10 minutes to complete but will depend on the number of images and/or examinations requested. Photo identification is required for all requests.
Please note, if you are picking up a CD for a third party (i.e. family member) you must bring a written release from the person and the name of the physician(s) the CD will be provided to.
Proceed to the 2nd floor. Use the East Outpatient elevators. The East Parkade is the closest parking lot.
8:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m. Monday to Friday, and 9:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m. Saturday and Sunday.
Please call 416 242-1000 ext. 63000 for more information.
Release consent form
Download a floor plan of Level 2 (most Medical Imaging)
Download a floor plan of Level 1 (Nuclear Medicine)