Please quote competition numbers 13.0342 to 13.0344
Reporting to the Manager, Nephrology Program, the Nurse Clinician is responsible for addressing the needs of a unique patient population. Using a Case Managed approach, the Nurse Clinician coordinates clinical activities, acts as a clinical resource/role model for other staff members, and works directly with patients and members of the team to ensure timely and appropriate treatment.
Hours of Work (subject to change):
- Available for shifts Monday to Friday, 8 am – 4 pm
- This posting is currently for the Keele Street Site. Cross-site coverage may be required.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- All aspects of patient care including patient education
- Acting as a clinical resource/role model for all staff
- Developing, implementing and maintaining policies/procedures
- Participating in research projects and data management
- Pursuing ongoing professional development
Qualifications include but are not limited to:
- Current registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario, CPR certification
- Baccalaureate degree
- 5 years previous clinical experience in Nephrology nursing
- Demonstrated computer skills using Microsoft office (Word, Excel, Access)
- Demonstrated ability in adult teaching and knowledge of learning principles
- Demonstrated leadership skills in program planning and development, staff development
- Demonstrates excellent interpersonal communication skills with the ability to work with
a multidisciplinary team including other health team members, patient/family
- Demonstrates excellent patient assessment skills
- Ability to be flexible and effectively work in busy environment with changing priorities and deadlines
- Demonstrated initiative in improving work skills and processes
- Demonstrates excellent organizational skills
- Knowledge of second language an asset
- Excellent attendance record
- Previous experience in pre dialysis transplantation, hemodialysis and peritoneal dialysis preferred
Qualified applicants are asked to submit a current resume and cover letter to (please quote competition number and position title in subject heading of an email submission):
Humber River Hospital
2111 Finch Ave West
Toronto, ON M3N 1N1
We thank all applicants for their interest, but advise that only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Humber River Hospital is an equal opportunity employer and we will accommodate your needs under the Ontario Human Rights Code. Upon individual request, hiring processes will be modified to remove barriers to accommodate those with disabilities. Should any applicant require accommodation through the application, interview or selection processes, please contact the Human Resources Department at (416) 243-4413 for assistance.