(Please Quote Competition #13.0163)
We are seeking an individual who will be able to perform as a member of a specialized interdisciplinary Oncology Clinic, in the role of Nurse Practitioner using advanced practice skills to provide assessment, coordination and provision of services to clients/families including crises intervention and short term management.
- NP – Adult, RN(EC), Registration in good standing with the College of Nurses of Ontario
- Masters degree in Nursing with clinical focus in oncology
- Member of the Registered Nurses Association of Ontario and Oncology Nursing Certification(CNA)
- Minimum 3 years experience in acute oncology and/or community nursing services.
- Knowledge of oncology, community resources, crisis work and a working knowledge of the Regulated Health Profession Act, Mental Health Act, Health Care Consent Act and Substitute Decisions Act.
- Demonstrated Knowledge of the principles of adult education
- Demonstrated experience and proficiency in the provision of effective clinical consultation.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills and ability to establish positive relationships with all staff, clients, families, and community agencies
- Excellent problem solving ability and critical thinking skills and able to work independently in collaboration with interdisciplinary team
- Excellent computer skills using Microsoft office suite
- Knowledge of Quality Improvement process, data analysis and program development
- Sensitivity to multi-cultural issues
- Demonstrated commitment to excellence in patient/family centred care
- Able to work independently with minimal support.
- Valid drivers license and availability of a car
- Development of disease specific Clinics including identification of required resources, development of policies and procedures and standards of care
- Integration of best practice guidelines and current evidence-based research into clinical practice for a select patient population
- Identification of areas of improvement to promote ongoing quality assurance, plans, implements, evaluates and reports on outcomes
- Evaluation of outcomes for the programs and make recommendations for change in consultation with Program Director, Manager and Physician Leader
- Development of linkages with external partners as appropriate to ensure continuity of care
- Provision of care for a select group of patients in consultation with Physicians and the interdisciplinary team
- Evaluation of outcomes of patient care in collaboration with the interdisciplinary team.
- In keeping with professional standards of practice, obtains and/or disseminates only that information which is relevant to meeting the client’s identified needs and with appropriate legal authorization, either in the form of signed consents or direct authorization from the client or designated substitute decision-maker.
- Utilization of expert communication skills by being a link between the client, consultants, resources and the referral source which may be required to coordinate the provision of service to the client.
- Works in a manner to ensure safety to oneself, clients and their families, colleagues and the work environment.
- Participates in reflective practice as per identified college standards
- Provides input for the development of the Oncology Clinic planning.
- Participates in strategic planning for new Cancer -related services.
- Assists in the training and development of staff specific to the patient population for specialized clinics
- Provides input into staff performance related to the patient specific clinics
Qualified applicants should submit their resume with a covering letter to (please quote the competition number and position title in the subject line of an email submission):
Human ResourcesHumber River HospitalFinch Avenue Site2111 Finch Avenue West Toronto, Ontario M3N 1N1 Fax No: (416) 747-3758Email (text format): firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all applications for their interest, but advise only those to be interviewed will be contacted.
Humber River Hospital is an equal opportunity employer and we will accommodate your needs under the Ontario Human Rights Code. Upon individual request, hiring processes will be modified to remove barriers to accommodate those with disabilities. Should any applicant require accommodation through the application, interview or selection processes, please contact the Human Resources Department at (416) 243-4413 for assistance.