Hours of work (subject to change):
- 8 hour rotations Days and evenings; standby days /nights.
- This position is for the Surgical program, currently at the Finch site and subject to change.
Duties include (but are not limited to):
- Care of patients in the post-op phase of surgery.
- Care of ventilated patients.
- Participation in departmental teams/committees as required.
- Care planning and coordination of care with various team members.
- Utilization of computerized systems for documentation of patient care.
- Participation in project teams or Hospital committees as required.
- Resource/team leader responsibilities.
- Participates in Mentorship and Preceptorship.
Pre-requisites include (but are not limited to):
- Current RN registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario required.
- Current BCLS certification required.
- Successful completion of PACU certificate or Critical care Course required.
- Minimum 2 years recent PACU or Critical care nursing experience required.
- 2 years acute med/surgical experience is required.
- Demonstrated proficiency in initiating IV therapy and basic ECG interpretation required.
- Demonstrate excellent interpersonal and communication skills required, with an ability to work with a multidisciplinary team, patients, family members and visitors.
- Demonstrate good patient assessment skills. Completion of the Physical assessment course preferred.
- Demonstrate excellent organizational skills with an ability to set priorities and meet deadlines.
- Demonstrates excellent customer service skills.
- Demonstrates knowledge of Occupation Health and safety standards.
- A positive attendance record is required.
Qualified applicants should submit a resume to Human Resources (please quote the position title in the subject line of an email submission):
Human ResourcesHumber River Hospital2115 Finch Avenue WestToronto, Ontario M3N 1N1Email: email@example.comWe thank all applicants for their interest, but advise only those interviewed will be contacted.
Humber River Hospital is an equal opportunity employer and we will accommodate your needs under the Ontario Human Rights Code. Upon individual request, hiring processes will be modified to remove barriers to accommodate those with disabilities. Should any applicant require accommodation through the application, interview or selection processes, please contact the Human Resources Department at (416) 243-4413 for assistance.