Privacy & Confidentiality
Collection of Personal Health Information
We collect personal health information about you directly from you or from the person acting on your behalf.
The personal health information that we collect may include:
- your name, date of birth, address
- health history
- records of your visits to HRH
- care that you received during those visits
Occasionally, we collect personal health information about you from other sources if we have obtained your consent to do so or if the law permits.
Uses and Disclosures of Personal Health Information
We use and disclose your personal health information to:
- treat and care for you
- get payment for your treatment and care (from OHIP, WSIB, your private insurer or others)
- plan, administer and manage the hospital
- conduct risk management activities
- conduct quality improvement activities (such as sending patient satisfaction surveys)
- conduct research
- compile statistics
- comply with legal and regulatory requirements
- fulfill other purposes permitted or required by law
- information sharing for eHealth initiatives
We may also provide your name and mailing address to our Foundation for fundraising to improve our healthcare services and programs. If you do not wish to be contacted please phone 416-242-1000 x81500 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
You may access and correct your personal health records, or withdraw your consent for some of the above uses and disclosures by contacting us (subject to legal exceptions).
- We take steps to protect your personal health information from theft, loss and unauthorized access, copying, modification, use, disclosure and disposal.
- We conduct audits and complete investigations to monitor and manage our privacy compliance.
- We work to ensure that everyone who performs services for us protects your privacy and only uses your personal health information for the purposes you have consented to.
How to Contact Us
For more information about our privacy protection practices, or to raise a concern you have with our practices, contact our Privacy Manager at:
Health Record Services
1235 Wilson Avenue
Toronto, ON, M3M 0B2
Phone: 416-242-1000 x82300
You have the right to complain to the Information and Privacy Commissioner of Ontario if you think we have violated your rights. The Commissioner can be reached at:
2 Bloor Street East
Suite 1400, Toronto, ON