Please quote competition number 14.0024 & 14.0138
An opportunity exists to join our management team. The Program/Services Coordinator will be responsible for the overall Hospital operation of program/services, providing ongoing support to front line staff after regular business hours. The Program/Services Coordinator will support patient care units and all hospital services to facilitate quality patient care.
- Collaboration with the Administrator on-call to ensure appropriate response to internal (e.g. codes) and external (e.g. media inquiries) events.
- Supporting staff in all clinical areas in problem solving administrative issues in a timely manner.
- Coordinates patient placement, admission, discharge and transfers in consultation with interdisciplinary team members and the appropriate units, departments or agencies.
- Promoting team spirit, cohesiveness, motivation and commitment to service goals.
- Ensures appropriate allocation of resources which maximize patient flow and promote safe and therapeutic care for all patients.
- Promoting excellence in patient care and service delivery, and identifying potential risk issues to the appropriate manager.
- Employs effective staffing strategies to minimize the use of overtime while ensuring provision of safe and therapeutic care.
- Identifying system problems within the organization and assisting in the development of policies and procedures which address these system problems.
KEY JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Current RN registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario.
- BCLS certification
- BScN required and evidence of continuing education (candidates that are in the process of completing their degree will be considered).
- 2 years recent and related clinical management experience preferred.
- Strong negotiation skills, customer focus and team orientation.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain and foster an environment that is sensitive to the diversity of internal and external communities.
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter and resume to Human Resources (please quote the competition number and position title in the subject line of an email submission):
Humber River Hospital
2111 Finch Ave West
Toronto, ON M3N 1N1
Email: firstname.lastname@example.orgWe thank all candidates that apply but only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview.Humber River Hospital is an equal opportunity employer and we will accommodate your needs under the Ontario Human Rights Code. Upon individual request, hiring processes will be modified to remove barriers to accommodate those with disabilities. Should any applicant require accommodation through the application, interview or selection processes, please contact the Human Resources Department for assistance.