The inpatient respiratory unit provides care for patients with unique respiratory problems such as advanced Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary disease, interstitial lung diseases, and pulmonary fibrosis. The multidisciplinary team is equipped to care and treat acute respiratory disease with those requiring frequent monitoring.
This unit is located on the 8th floor, use the Central elevators.
416 242-1000 ext. 40850
Bronchoscopy procedures are done in the Endoscopy unit by respirologists under sedation using state-of-the-art technology.
Referral by a physician is required.
8:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. Tuesday and Wednesday
Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD) and Lung Clinic
COPD is a term that describe the occurrence of lung conditions such as emphysema and chronic bronchitis. The clinic supports patients suffering with long-term lung disease. Our team consists of a Respirologist, Registered Nurse (RN) and a Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT) who provide detailed assessments, treatments, and education. The clinic helps patients cope with the challenge of living with COPD.
Referral post discharge from hospital or by an emergency room physician.
Located on the 4th floor in the Medical-Surgical Clinics, use the east outpatient elevators. Portal B is the closest Portal of Care, and the East Parkade is the closest parking lot.
8:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. Tuesdays and Thursdays
Daily Urgent Respirology clinic from 8:00 am to 12:00 pm
416 242-1000 ext. 23400
Fax: (416) 242-1094
Respirology and Neuro-diagnostic Clinic
Humber River Hospital’s Neuro-Respiratory clinic provides many non-invasive tests to determine how well the Neurological and Respiratory systems are working. Respiratory diagnostics examines disorders and measures lung function.
Respiratory services include:
- Pulmonary function testing (PFT) - diagnostic and therapeutic tests that help identify various aspects of lung disease.
- Methacholine challenge testing (MCT) - evaluates Airway Hyper Responsiveness (AHR) to help identify the occurrence of asthma
- Home oxygen assessments - This test is required in order to qualify for oxygen under the Home Oxygen Program. It includes monitoring oxygen levels on room air, a possible arterial blood gas (if oxygen levels low), as well as the possibility of a walking oxygen level test.
- Spirometry and oximetry testing - measures lung function, specifically the amount (volume) and/or speed (flow) of air that can be inhaled and exhaled.
- Asthma exercise testing - also known as exercise-induced asthma (EIA) testing. It includes a combination of several breathing, exercise and cardiology tests which show how the heart and lungs work together during exercise.
- Arterial blood gases (ABG) - This test requires collecting a small amount of blood from an artery which determines the level of oxygen, carbon dioxide or pH balance of your blood.
Referral can be made directly to our booking office from your family physician or specialist. Physician referrals can be faxed to 416-242-1066.
Located on the 1st floor, Portal B in the Portals of Care on the south side of the building. The East Parkade is the closest parking lot.
8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. Monday to Friday
The Humber River Hospital sleep lab offers diagnostic services for out-patients with sleep related medical problems. The goal of our lab is to assess, diagnose and determine best treatment option for a particular sleep complaint and improve a patient’s quality of sleep and ultimately quality of life.
Sleep Lab services include:
- Baseline sleep studies
- Continuous Positive Airway Pressure (CPAP) assessment sleep studies
Physician referral is required, and can be faxed to (416) 747-3781 directly to our booking office.
2111 Finch Ave. W.,
Toronto, ON M3N 1N1
Tel: (416) 744-2500 extension 2724
The Sleep lab is an overnight facility located in the Professional Building adjacent to Humber River Hospital’s Finch site. Entrance is on the north side of the building
7:30 p.m. – 7:30 a.m. Monday to Sunday