HOURS OF WORK (SUBJECT TO CHANGE):
- Must be able to work 8hr and/or 12hr days and nights and weekends.
- Must be able to work at BOTH the Church Street and Finch Avenue Sites.
- Willing to be rotated to other areas accommodated through the staffing office.
DUTIES INCLUDE (BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO):
- Care of acutely ill cardiac medical and surgical patients.
- Care of patients requiring Ventilation and Hemodynamic and invasive monitoring.
- Care planning and coordination of care with various team members.
- Utilization of computerized systems for documentation of patient care.
- Participation in project teams or Hospital committees as required.
PRE-REQUISITES INCLUDE (BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO):
- Current RN registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario required.
- Current BCLS certification required; ACLS preferred.
- Minimum of 1 year recent ICU/CCU experience preferred but willing to offer course.
- Experience in cardiac care, telemetry and acute medicine/surgery required.
- Completed or actively pursuing Coronary Care Course required.
- Basic computer skills required.
- Good problem solving skills required.
- Demonstrated excellent interpersonal and communication skills with an ability to work with a multidisciplinary team, patients, family members and visitors.
- Excellent organizational skills with an ability to set priorities and meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated good patient assessment skills. Patient assessment course preferred.
- Willingness to rotate to other departments as required.
- A positive attendance record required.
Qualified applicants should submit their cover letter and resume to (please quote the competition number and position title in the subject line of an email submission):
Humber River Hospital
2111 Finch Ave West
Toronto, Ontario M3N 1N1
Fax. No.: (416) 747-3758
We thank all applicants for their interest, but advise only those to be interviewed will be contacted.
Humber River Hospital is an equal opportunity employer and we will accommodate your needs under the Ontario Human Rights Code. Upon individual request, hiring processes will be modified to remove barriers to accommodate those with disabilities. Should any applicant require accommodation through the application, interview or selection processes, please contact the Human Resources Department at (416) 243-4413 for assistance.