Competition Numbers 13.0544-5
HOURS OF WORK (SUBJECT TO CHANGE):
- Must be available for twelve hour shifts, days/nights and weekend rotation.
- This position is currently located at the Finch Site.
DUTIES INCLUDE (BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO):
- RN responsibilities, with a focus on assessment and total patient care of the premature and ill newborn from 32 weeks gestation to term.
- Parent and family education and support.
- Facilitate discharge planning.
PRE-REQUISITES INCLUDE (BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO):
- Current RN registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario required.
- Current BCLS/CPR certification required.
- Current NRP certificate required or agreement to obtain within 3 months of commencement into position.
- Previous level II or III experience required.
- NICU certificate preferred.
- S.T.A.B.L.E. certification an asset.
- Proficiency in initiating IV therapy and venipuncture in infants and children preferred.
- Good parent and family teaching skills required.
- Neonatal Nursing Certificate preferred.
- Bereavement/palliative nursing care skills an asset.
- Ability to facilitate and promote family centered care.
- Willingness to be cross-trained to one other area within the Women’s & Children’s Health Program.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills required with an ability to work effectively within a multidisciplinary team as well as with parents and families from a diverse cultural and socio-economic backgrounds.
- Good organizational skills, with an ability to be flexible and adapt to effectively meet the changing needs and priorities of the unit.
- Willingness to rotate to other departments as required.
- Good attendance and work record required.
- Second language an asset.
Qualified applicants are asked to submit a current cover letter and resume to Human Resources (please quote the competition number and position title in the subject line of an email submission):
Humber River Hospital
2111 Finch Ave West
Toronto, ON M3N 1N1
We thank all applicants for their interest, but advise only those to be interviewed will be contacted.
Humber River Hospital is an equal opportunity employer and we will accommodate your needs under the Ontario Human Rights Code. Upon individual request, hiring processes will be modified to remove barriers to accommodate those with disabilities. Should any applicant require accommodation through the application, interview or selection processes, please contact the Human Resources Department at (416) 243-4413 for assistance.