Build your career at the hospital that’s building for the future
Humber River Hospital is committed to revolutionizing patient care for our diverse community. With the opening of our new facility, North America’s first fully digital hospital, scheduled for October 18, 2015, the future is very exciting for our people and programs. And we’re looking for exceptional individuals to join our great team: people who share our passion to deliver excellent, patient-focused, expert care. The Hospital is formally affiliated with both the University of Toronto and Queen’s University.
Right now we’re looking for a Part Time Registered Nurse NCIU to work in our Maternal Child Program.
- RN responsibilities, with a focus on assessment and total patient care of the premature and ill newborn from 30 weeks gestation to term.
- Parent and family education and support.
- Facilitate discharge planning.
- Current RN registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario required.
- Current BCLS/CPR certification required.
- Current NRP certificate required or agreement to obtain within 3 months of commencement into position.
- Previous level II or III experience required.
- NICU certificate preferred.
- S.T.A.B.L.E. certification an asset.
- Proficiency in initiating IV therapy and venipuncture in infants and children preferred.
- Good parent and family teaching skills required.
- Neonatal Nursing Certificate preferred.
- Bereavement/palliative nursing care skills an asset.
- Ability to facilitate and promote family centered care.
- Willingness to be cross-trained to one other area within the Women’s & Children’s Health Program.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills required with an ability to work effectively within a multidisciplinary team as well as with parents and families from a diverse cultural and socio-economic backgrounds.
- Good organizational skills, with an ability to be flexible and adapt to effectively meet the changing needs and priorities of the unit.
- Willingness to rotate to other departments at any Humber Site as required.
- Second language is an asset
Location: Finch Site - Cross Site Coverage may be required
Hours of work: Must be available to work rotating 12 hour shifts, Days/Nights and Weekend Rotation.
Employee Group: ONA
Interested applicants are invited to submit a cover letter and resume via email to Human Resources, referencing the competition number 14.0664 and position title in your subject line.
We thank all candidates that apply but only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Humber River Hospital is an equal opportunity employer and we will accommodate your needs under the Ontario Human Rights Code. Upon individual request, hiring processes will be modified to remove barriers to accommodate those with disabilities. Should any applicant require accommodation through the application, interview or selection processes, please contact the Human Resources Department for assistance.