(please quote competition #13.0588 on your application)
Reporting to the Manager of the Department, you will be responsible for providing quality nursing care to a patient population with predictable outcomes. As part of the interdisciplinary health care team, you will practice within the scope of practice set by the College of Nurses of Ontario. You will also practice within the standards set by the hospital including its philosophy, mission and values.
HOURS OF WORK (SUBJECT TO CHANGE):
- Rotating shifts, 8 and 12 hours, days/evenings/nights/weekends.
- Must be willing to work on all Mental Health Units within the continuum of MH Services
DUTIES INCLUDE (BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO):
- RPN responsibilities set out by the department.
PRE-REQUISITES INCLUDE (BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO):
- Graduate from a recognized Registered Practical Nursing two year diploma program.
- Current RPN registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario.
- Current BCLS certification.
- Certification in CPI preferred.
- Minimum 3 years recent related experience is preferred.
- Experience working with acute/crisis mental health patients required.
- Experience in phlebotomy an asset.
- Excellent organizational skills with an ability to set priorities, interpersonal and communications skills required.
- Must be able to work effectively with a variety of people, including other health care team members, patients and visitors.
- Demonstrate adherence to the hospital’s code of conduct.
- Demonstrate good patient assessment skills, crisis skills, patient assessment course related to a specific clinical area, is preferred.
- Experience in risk assessment and mental status examination.
- Demonstrate good patient/family teaching skills required.
- Evidence of related continuing education.
- Demonstrate sound clinical judgment and initiative required.
- Current knowledge of, and sensitivity to, patients with chemical dependency issues is required.
- Sensitivity to patients with multi-cultural needs is required.
- Knowledge of a second language an asset.
- Demonstrate competency in a variety of skills including (but not limited to), intramuscular injections, phlebotomy, Medication Administration, etc.
- Proven attendance record.
- Basic computer skills and Meditech experience is an asset.
- Knowledge of community resources.
Interested applicants are asked to submit a current cover letter and resume to Human Resources (please quote the competition number and position title in the subject line of an email submission):
Humber River Hospital
2111 Finch Ave West
Toronto, ON M3N 1N1
We thank all applicants for their interest, but advise that only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Humber River Hospital is an equal opportunity employer and we will accommodate your needs under the Ontario Human Rights Code. Upon individual request, hiring processes will be modified to remove barriers to accommodate those with disabilities. Should any applicant require accommodation through the application, interview or selection processes, please contact the Human Resources Department at (416) 243-4413 for assistance.