Reporting to the Manager of the Department, you will be responsible for providing quality nursing care to a patient population with predictable outcomes. As part of the interdisciplinary health care team, you will practice within the scope of practice set by the College of Nurses of Ontario. You will also practice within the standards set by the hospital including its philosophy, mission and values.
HOURS OF WORK (subject to change)
- Currently 8 hour days/evenings/weekends
- Must be available for “on call” weekends, nights and statutory holidays.
- The incumbent must be available to work at both the Finch and Church Sites, if required.
DUTIES INCLUDE (BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO):
- Scrubbing duties
- Functions as part of the surgical team
PRE-REQUISITES INCLUDE (BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO):
- Graduate from a recognized Registered Practical Nursing two year diploma program.
- Current RPN registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario.
- Current BCLS certification.
- Post Basic Operating Room Certificate required and a minimum of 2 years recent operating room experience.
- Demonstrated scrubbing competence in all surgical services.
- Demonstrated good organizational skills and problem solving skills required.
- Demonstrated good interpersonal skills with an ability to work well with a variety of staff, patients and visitors.
- Good communication skills, both oral and written.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- A positive attendance record required.
Qualified applicants should submit their resume in writing with a covering letter to (please quote the position title in the subject line of an email submission):
Human ResourcesHumber River Hospital2111 Finch Avenue West Toronto, Ontario M3N 1N1 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all applicants for their interest, but advise only those to be interviewed will be contacted.
Humber River Hospital is an equal opportunity employer and we will accommodate your needs under the Ontario Human Rights Code. Upon individual request, hiring processes will be modified to remove barriers to accommodate those with disabilities. Should any applicant require accommodation through the application, interview or selection processes, please contact the Human Resources Department at (416) 243-4413 for assistance.