(Please quote competition number 13.0132-13.0133)
HOURS OF WORK (SUBJECT TO CHANGE):
- Must be able to work all shifts, days, nights and be available to work every other weekends, 8 and 12 hour shifts
- Cross-site coverage is required as this position covers shifts at both the Finch Site and the Church Site.
DUTIES INCLUDE (BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO):
- Providing therapeutic, diagnostic and respiratory services.
- Assessment of patient’s medical history.
- Ensuring the efficient delivery of respiratory services.
- Continually evaluating the effectiveness of therapy and tests given to patients.
- Ventilator, airway management, and bedside spirometry.
- Knowledge and experience with ECG’s phlebotomy, arterial blood gases, art line insertion, endotrachael intubation, home oxygen assessments.
- Graduate of a recognized School of Respiratory Therapy required.
- N.R.P., B.C.L.S. certification required.
- A member in good standing with the C.R.T.O is required.
- A member of R.T.S.O and C.S.R.T. is preferred.
- 2 years acute care hospital experience preferred.
- Excellent intrapersonal skills, Customer Service Course preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to work at a fast pace under pressure.
- Excellent problem solving and priority setting skills.
- Ability to work both autonomously and as a team member.
- Excellent attendance record.
Qualified applicants should submit their cover letter and resume to (please quote the competition number and position title in subject line of an email submission):
Humber River Hospital
2111 Finch Ave WestToronto, Ontario M3N 1N1Fax. No.: (416) 747-3758Email:firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all applicants for their interest, but advise only those to be interviewed will be contacted.