Please quote competition number 13.0562-0564
HOURS OF WORK (SUBJECT TO CHANGE):
- Must be able to work all shifts, days, nights and be available to work every other weekends, including statutory holidays, 8 and 12 hour shifts
- The successful applicants will be expected to work at both the Finch and Church sites.
- DUTIES INCLUDE (BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO):
- Providing therapeutic, diagnostic and respiratory services.
- Assessment of patient’s medical history.
- Ensuring the efficient delivery of respiratory services.
- Continually evaluating the effectiveness of test results and therapies given to patients
- Ventilation (both invasive and noninvasive), airway management and bedside spirometry
- Knowledge and experience with ECG’s, phlebotomy, arterial blood gases, art line insertion, endotrachael intubation, home oxygen assessments.
- Graduate of a recognized School of Respiratory Therapy required.
- N.R.P., B.C.L.S. certification required.
- A member in good standing with the C.R.T.O is required.
- A member of R.T.S.O and C.S.R.T. is preferred.
- 2 years acute care hospital experience preferred.
- Evidence of sound organizational, problem solving and prioritization skills with the ability to work well in a fast paced environment.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and documentation skills
- Ability to work both autonomously and as an effective team member.
- Demonstrates an understanding of and commitment to Humber’s comprehensive safety programs and willing to participate in regular in-service education in this area.
- Demonstrates a commitment to excellent customer service when dealing with patients, colleagues, volunteers and other members of the community and public.
- Commitment to lifelong learning
- Demonstrated pattern of excellent attendance.
Qualified applicants are asked to submit a current cover letter and resume by to Human Resources (please quote the competition number and position title in the subject line of an email submission)
Humber River Hospital
2111 Finch Ave West
Toronto, ON M3N 1N1
We thank all applicants for their interest, but advise that only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Humber River Hospital is an equal opportunity employer and we will accommodate your needs under the Ontario Human Rights Code. Upon individual request, hiring processes will be modified to remove barriers to accommodate those with disabilities. Should any applicant require accommodation through the application, interview or selection processes, please contact the Human Resources Department at (416) 243-4413 for assistance.