(Please quote competition number 14.0075 on your application)The Resource Staffing Centre Assistant will liaise daily with the designated resource persons or delegates in patient care areas to determine staffing and agency requirements. Hours of coverage are Monday through Sunday (including holidays).Main Duties:
- Liaise with staff, managers and agencies agency personnel to coordinate staffing requests and needs ensure contract obligations met.
- Ongoing communication with person(s) responsible for staffing in patient care areas with respect to relief staff requests.
- Liaise daily with the Program/Services Coordinator/Manager/Manager on call to communicate staffing needs in various patient cares, and outstanding agency requests.
- Collect and record statistics related to agency use, staffing requests from various programs, running reports, etc.
- Data Entry – accuracy – Access database
- Other duties as assigned.
This challenging position requires:
- A diploma from a recognized administrative/secretarial program.
- Knowledge and experience with computer systems (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access) required.
- Good keyboarding skills with a minimum typing speed of 40 WPM required
- Experience in Resource Staffing or equivalent experience an asset
- Knowledge of Meditech an asset.
- Excellent organizational and priority setting skills.
- Excellent communication written and oral and problem solving skills.
- Ability to work under stress.
- Effective team skills.
- Able to work with minimal supervision.
- Need to be resourceful and innovative.
Applicants will be required to successfully complete full administrative testing, including typing speed and MS Office.
Applicants are asked to submit a current cover letter and resume to Human Resources (please quote the competition number and the position title in the subject line of an email submission):
Humber River Hospital
2111 Finch Ave West
Toronto, ON M3N 1N1
We thank all applicants for their interest, but advise that only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Humber River Hospital is an equal opportunity employer and we will accommodate your needs under the Ontario Human Rights Code. Upon individual request, hiring processes will be modified to remove barriers to accommodate those with disabilities. Should any applicant require accommodation through the application, interview or selection processes, please contact the Human Resources Department at (416) 243-4413 for assistance.