HOURS OF WORK (SUBJECT TO CHANGE):
- Must be available for all shifts including nights, weekends and statutory holidays.
- The incumbent must be available to work at both the Finch and Church Sites, if required.
DUTIES INCLUDE (BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO):
- Responsibility includes checking and setting up the OR case carts, Operating rooms and Supply carts.
- Transporting clean/soiled case carts, medical surgical equipment/supplies, patients, specimens etc. as necessary.
- Good working knowledge of instruments, decontamination, sterilization and case cart processes.
- Distribution of and Collecting supplies, equipment, instruments, trays, case carts etc. and delivering them to the appropriate destination.
- Checking and replacement of instruments, emergency backup and pan tray supplies.
- Acts as a liaison with SPD and OR staff.
PRE-REQUISITES INCLUDE (BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO):
- Grade 12 education or equivalent.
- CSAO or Sterile Supply Processing certificate required.
- Two years of recent related hospital medical/surgical supply experience required
- Good working knowledge of medical supplies and sterilization equipment required
- Good command of the English language (both verbal and written) required
- Demonstrated ability to follow instructions and work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to handle stressful situations in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to operate (with training) machinery, ie sterilizers
- Demonstrated excellent interpersonal skills, and the ability to work alone or as a part a team.
- Able to handle physical requirements of the job (ability to lift 25-30 pounds repeatedly).
- Demonstrated ability to cope frequently and for long periods of time with physical demands such as walking, bending, pushing, holding limbs, positioning and heavy lifting.
- Positive attendance record.
Qualified applicants should submit their resume in writing with a covering letter to (please quote the position title in the subject line of an email submission):
Human ResourcesHumber River HospitalFinch Avenue Site2111 Finch Avenue West Toronto, Ontario M3N 1N1 Fax No: (416) 747-3758Email (text format): firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all applicants for their interest, but advise only those to be interviewed will be contacted.