Build your career at the hospital that’s building for the future
Humber River Hospital is committed to revolutionizing patient care for our diverse community. With the opening of our new facility,North America’s first fully digital hospital, scheduled for October 18, 2015, the future is very exciting for our people and programs. And we’re looking forexceptional individuals to join our great team: people who share our passion todeliver excellent, patient-focused, expert care. The Hospital is formally affiliated with both the University of Toronto and Queen’s University.
Right now we’re looking for Three (3) Part-Time Unit Aides to work in our Operating Room. Humber River Hospital’s Surgical Program is committed to patient-centred, innovative surgical care delivery, Humber River Hospital’s Surgical Program is recognized across Ontario and around the globe for its excellence in a broad range of surgical specialties and sub-specialties, for both pediatric and adult patients.
- Responsibility includes ensuring the OR case carts are complete.
- Checking and ensuring that the Operating Rooms and Supply carts are stocked.
- Transporting clean/soiled case carts, medical surgical equipment/supplies, patients, specimens etc. as necessary.
- Proven working knowledge of instruments, decontamination, and sterilization and case cart processes.
- Distribution of and collecting supplies, equipment, instruments, trays, case carts etc. ensuring they are delivered to the appropriate destination.
- Checking and replacement of instruments, emergency backup and pan tray supplies.
- Acts as a liaison with SPD and OR staff.
- Grade 12 education or equivalent.
- CSAO or Sterile Supply Processing certificate required.
- Two years of recent related hospital medical/surgical supply experience required.
- Proven working knowledge of medical supplies and sterilization equipment required.
- Good command of the English language (both verbal and written) required.
- Demonstrated ability to follow instructions and work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to handle stressful situations in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to operate with training, machinery, ei: sterilizers.
- Demonstrated excellent interpersonal skills, and the ability to work alone or as a part a team.
- Able to handle physical requirements of the job (ability to lift 25-30 pounds repeatedly).
- Demonstrated ability to cope frequently and for long periods of time with physical demands such as walking, bending, pushing, holding limbs, positioning and heavy lifting.
Location: Finch Site, cross site coverage is required
Hours of work: Must be available for all shifts including nights, weekends and statutory holidays.
Employee Group: Teamsters Service
Interested applicants are invited to submit a cover letter and resume via email to Human Resources, referencing the Competition Number 14.0301-14.0303 and Position title in your subject line.
Humber River Hospital
We thank all candidates that apply but only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Humber River Hospital is an equal opportunity employer and we will accommodate your needs as required under the Ontario Human Rights Code and Access for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Should any applicant require accommodation through the application, interview or selection processes, please contact the Human Resources Department for assistance.