Breast and Bone Health Centre
Welcome to the Humber River Hospital Breast and Bone Health Centre where we bring together the best technology and our expert team to provide our patients with the highest level of care and compassion.
At Humber River Hospital, we understand that a breast cancer diagnosis can be overwhelming and stressful. Our team of physicians, technologists and nurses are committed to helping women monitor, treat, and recover from breast health issues. We offer a wide range of services, including screening, diagnosis, care planning, and treatment. Some services can even happen all in the same visit, making it more convenient for our patients. Our clinic uses the latest innovations in breast surgery, such as needleless breast seed localization, to ensure that our patients receive the most advanced care possible.
Humber River Hospital is proud to be part of the Ontario Breast Screening Program, which is a screening program designed to encourage people to be screened for breast cancer. The program provides mammograms to women between the ages of 50 and 74 who are residents of Ontario and have a valid health card without requiring a physician’s imaging requisition. By participating in this program, we aim to detect breast cancer early, when it is most treatable.
- Early Detection: Getting screened regularly with mammography can find cancer early when it is less likely to have spread to other parts of the body. Early detection can improve patient outcomes and make treatment more effective.
- Innovative Techniques: We recently began performing breast seed localization whereby a tiny seed is used to identify and target abnormal tissue for removal during surgery.
- Focused Care: Our team is dedicated to supporting our patients through their journey. We work collaboratively with our breast surgeons providing expedited consultation services with our center and we can often perform multiple tests on the same visit.
How can I access my images/results?
- To register for My Humber Health, our secure online patient portal, please click here.
- To request access to your medical records, please access our Health Records Department.
- Humber River Hospital patients can view, share and permanently store their medical imaging and reports by using PocketHealth!
PocketHealth is a secure online platform that allows patients to access their medical imaging records as soon as they’re finalized anytime and on any device. To access your images and reports please visit our partner site, PocketHealth, by clicking here. There is a fee to sign up. Once you’ve signed up, your imaging will be uploaded within 24-48 hours. For more information, please visit our website or contact PocketHealth directly at 1-855-381-8522 or email@example.com.