Humber River Hospital’s Nuclear medicine program is an important part of our Medical Imaging program. In Nuclear Medicine we use small amounts of radioactive tracer materials to diagnose and treat diseases.
Here in Nuclear Medicine we are focused on providing our patients with accurate information and therapeutic options to ensure the best possible outcome. Our expert team is trained in our state-of-the-art technology which helps us diagnose and treat various diseases. Our imaging procedures employ specialized cameras and detectors to create images of the body. This provides us with functional information about organs and tissues, helping us provide early detection and diagnosis of diseases such as cancer, heart disease, and thyroid disorders.
Our team is also dedicated to providing therapeutic options for patients by using radioactive material to target and treat certain diseases, improving patient outcomes.
- High Sensitivity: Nuclear Medicine Imaging can detect very small abnormalities, making it a useful tool for the early detection of diseases.
- Functional Information: The images produced by Nuclear Medicine scans provide functional information about organs and tissues, allowing our physicians to see how an organ or tissue is working, rather than just its structure.
- High Specificity: Imaging in Nuclear Medicine is highly specific, meaning it can provide detailed information about organs or tissues, making it a useful tool for specific diagnosis
- Therapeutic Options: Nuclear Medicine not only aids in diagnosis, but it also offers therapeutic options that use radioactive materials to target and treat certain types of diseases.
Accessing your images
- To register for My Humber Health, our secure online patient portal, please click here.
- To request access to your medical records, please access our Health Records Department.
- Humber River Hospital patients can view, share and permanently store their medical imaging and reports by using PocketHealth!PocketHealth is a secure online platform that allows patients to access their medical imaging records as soon as they’re finalized anytime and on any device. To access your images and reports please visit our partner site, PocketHealth, by clicking here. There is a fee to sign up. Once you’ve signed up, your imaging will be uploaded within 24-48 hours. For more information, please visit our website or contact PocketHealth directly at 1-855-381-8522 or email@example.com.