Intervention Radiology (IR) is a subspeciality of Radiology in our medical imaging department at Humber River that is becoming popular among our medical professionals and patients. As a minimally invasive procedure, IR is appealing because of its ability to diagnose and treat a wide variety of conditions with minimal risks to our patients.
At Humber River Hospital, our Intervention Radiology team is committed to providing our patients with comfortable and safe care. IR is a minimally invasive procedure that is performed using imaging guidance, such as x-ray, ultrasound, or CT, which allows for the precise targeting of the area of concern without the need for open surgery.
IR provides an alternative to open surgery, reducing patient discomfort, reducing recovery and reducing the risk of complications. Some of the procedures our team performs include angiography, embolization, biopsies, drainage of fluid collections, and the placement of stents or other devices.
IR is a field that is rapidly growing because of its advantages in treating a wide range of conditions and is increasingly becoming a preferred method of treatment for patients
- Minimally Invasive: IR procedures are performed using imaging guidance, such as CT, Ultrasound, or X-Ray, which allows our experts to target a specific area without affecting the surrounding tissues. which.
- Outpatient Procedures: Many IR procedures can be performed on an outpatient basis, making it possible for patients to go home on the same day and recover quickly.
- Reduced Risk: Unlike open surgery, IR procedures often result in less blood loss and reduced risk of complications such as infection.
How can I access my images/results?
- To register for My Humber Health, our secure online patient portal, please click here.
- To request access to your medical records, please access our Health Records Department.
- Humber River Hospital patients can view, share and permanently store their medical imaging and reports by using PocketHealth!PocketHealth is a secure online platform that allows patients to access their medical imaging records as soon as they’re finalized anytime and on any device. To access your images and reports please visit our partner site, PocketHealth, by clicking here. There is a fee to sign up. Once you’ve signed up, your imaging will be uploaded within 24-48 hours. For more information, please visit our website or contact PocketHealth directly at 1-855-381-8522 or email@example.com.