Kidney Care (Nephrology)
Humber River Hospital is proud to provide an exceptional Nephrology Program with our Kidney Care and In-Center Hemodialysis Unit. We strive to provide quality patient care through prevention, diagnosis, and treatment.
We perform approximately 62,000 hemodialysis treatments annually. As a leading centre for Dialysis Services, we can provide you with the care you need for your lifelong well-being.
Welcome to the Humber River Hospital Nephrology Program where quality care and the best possible experience are our priorities. Learning to live with kidney failure is a big adjustment, for you and your family. We have put together information to help answer some of your questions about hemodialysis, our unit, and the services we provide. This information only covers the basics. If you have any other questions or concerns, please ask. The team in hemodialysis will help make the changes in your life as seamless and comfortable as possible.
- Our Clinics offer a variety of services to ensure you get the best care possible.
- Our team is committed to helping patients and families adjust to life with Hemodialysis.
- We are a leading Centre for Dialysis Services
What to Expect
- Hemodialysis treatments take place three times a day. Our multidisciplinary team will work to keep you comfortable and provide the best possible care for your treatments.
- You will be supported by a multidisciplinary team of Nephrologists, Nurse Practitioners, a Body Access Coordinator, Nurses, Social Workers, Dietitians, Pharmacists, Clerical staff and Volunteers who help with patient and family needs.
- When starting treatment some people say they “feel tired” after hemodialysis. After a few treatments, the extra fluid and wastes are removed, and you may begin to feel better and have more energy.
- Our team is there to make sure the treatment is performed correctly, to answer any of your questions, and to ensure your comfort throughout the process.