Privacy & Confidentiality
Collection of Personal Health Information
In accordance with PHIPA, Humber River Hospital collects personal health information directly from you (or the person acting on your behalf). The type of information we collect includes:
- your name, date of birth and address
- your health history
- records of your visits to Humber River Hospital
- the care that you received during those visits
We may also collect information from other sources where the law permits, or with your consent.
Use and Disclosure of Personal Health Information
In accordance with PHIPA, we use and disclose your personal health information. The ways we use that information include:
- Treating and caring for you
- Getting payment for your treatment and care from OHIP, WSIB or your private insurer
- Planning and administering hospital activities
- Conducting risk management activities
- Conducting quality improvement activities (like sending out patient satisfaction surveys)
- Complying with legal and regulatory requirements
- Any other purpose permitted or required by law
- Sharing information for eHealth initiatives
We may also provide your name and address to the Humber River Hospital Foundation. They may contact you about fundraising opportunities to improve our services and programs. If you do not wish to be contacted, please contact the Foundation:
416-242-1000 x 81500
You have a say in how we use and disclose your personal health information!
At any time, you can withdraw your consent.* You can also access and correct your personal health records.
* Subject to legal exceptions.
Health Record Services
1235 Wilson Avenue
Toronto, ON M3M 0B2
416-242-1000 x 82301
We take steps to protect your personal information and that we protect your privacy at all times.
If you think we’ve violated your rights, you have the right to complain to the Information and Privacy Commissioner of Ontario.