Humber River Health’s Department of Medical Imaging uses cutting-edge technology for the timely and accurate diagnosis and treatment for our patients.
Medical Imaging is a crucial part of healthcare and having the technology and experienced team of professionals to carry out imaging is essential for diagnosis and treatment. At Humber River Health, we have an experienced team of physicians, technologists, nurses and administrative staff that work together to ensure imaging exams are performed safely, accurately and comfortably. The design of our Medical Imaging program aligns with the hospital’s “Portals of Care” by prioritizing patient experience, flow, and safety. Each portal is designed to accommodate both inpatient and outpatient needs with separate waiting and gowned areas, and comprehensive preparation and recovery resources to better serve patients and their families.
- Advanced Technology: Humber River Health’s Medical Imaging department is equipped with the latest state-of-the-art technology ensuring precise and accurate diagnosis and treatment while maintaining the lowest achievable radiation exposure to patients.
- Patient-centred Approach: Our expert team of healthcare professionals prioritizes patient safety and comfort by performing quality improvement and patient engagement initiatives. We are constantly working to find new ways to keep our patients comfortable, safe and stress-free.
- Non-Invasive / Minimally Invasive Techniques: Many of our Imaging procedures are non-invasive which means there is no surgical intervention. Some procedures do require surgical intervention, but they are minimally invasive which reduces patient risk and recovery time. In all of our procedures, keeping patients safe and comfortable is our priority.
What to Expect
- We have an experienced team of professionals including physicians, technologists, nurses and administrative staff that all work together to ensure your comfort and safety throughout the imaging process
- Our department of Medical Imaging offers a comprehensive range of advanced diagnostic and therapeutic services including CT, MRI, Interventional Radiology, X-Ray, Nuclear Medicine, Ultrasound, Bone Mineral Densitometry and Mammography.
- Request for X-Ray
- Request for CT Scan
- Request for Ultrasound
- Request for MRI
- Request for Interventional Radiology
- Request for Nuclear Medicine
- Request for Breast Imaging
- Request for Breast Surgical Consult
Information for Patients – How can I access my results/images?
- To register for My Humber Health, our secure online patient portal, please click here.
- To request access to your medical records, please access our Health Records Department.
- Humber River Health patients can view, share and permanently store their Medical Imaging and reports by using PocketHealth!
PocketHealth is a secure online platform that allows patients to access their Medical Imaging records as soon as they’re finalized anytime and on any device. To access your images and reports please visit our partner site, PocketHealth, by clicking here. There is a fee to sign up. Once you’ve signed up, your imaging will be uploaded within 24-48 hours. For more information, please visit our website or contact PocketHealth directly at 1-855-381-8522 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Information for Providers – How can I access my patient’s results/images?
- For outpatient requests, results should for most exams will be sent via fax in approximately 7-10 business days after the appointment.
- Humber River Health is proud to be integrated with the Ontario Clinical Imaging Network (OCINet). For more information, click here.
- Humber River Health Medical Imaging Department (HRH) has partnered with PocketHealth to easily share patient imaging and retrieve priors. PocketHealth is a secure online image exchange platform that will help us eliminate CDs and make the image-sharing process more secure and efficient.
Accessing your patient’s imaging
- Instead of a CD, you’ll be able to access your patients’ imaging using a security code sent to you by your patient or by HRH via fax, email or as a printed link.
- You can instantly view the shared imaging in full diagnostic quality and import it into your local system.
Sending HRH your patient’s prior imaging
- Instead of sending us a CD, we’ll send you an imaging request via fax or email.
- You’ll be able to securely upload the requested imaging by simply using your web browser
- You can also proactively upload your patients’ priors using the following link: humberriver.pocket.health
- We can then instantly import that imaging right into our local system.
- Learn more at https://www.pockethealth.com/referring-physician/