Our medical team at Humber River Health provides ultrasounds, which are a non-invasive and safe imaging test. Ultrasounds scans are an incredibly useful tool that can help medical professionals detect and monitor a wide variety of conditions and diseases in patients.
At Humber River Health our medical team is committed to providing our patients with timely, safe and comfortable care. Our clinicians use ultrasound scans to examine a wide range of body parts including the abdomen, pelvis, heart, blood vessels, and musculoskeletal system. We can also use ultrasounds to monitor pregnancy, and to guide certain types of procedures. Ultrasound images are created in real time, which means they can show movement and blood flow. Unlike x-rays, CT scans, and nuclear medicine exams, ultrasound does not use radiation, making it a safer option for certain patient populations such as pregnant women and children.
- Functional Information: Ultrasound can provide functional information about organs, such as blood flow, which your physician can use to assess and monitor certain conditions such as blood clots or liver disease.
- No Ionizing Radiation: Unlike x-ray, CT, and nuclear medicine, ultrasound does not use ionizing radiation making it a safer option for certain populations like pregnant women and children.
- Can guide medical procedures: Medical professionals can use Ultrasound to guide medical procedures such as biopsies, or assist in the placement of other medical devices.
How can I access my images/results?
- To register for My Humber Health, our secure online patient portal, please click here.
- To request access to your medical records, please access our Health Records Department.
- Humber River Health patients can view, share and permanently store their medical imaging and reports by using PocketHealth!PocketHealth is a secure online platform that allows patients to access their medical imaging records as soon as they’re finalized anytime and on any device. To access your images and reports please visit our partner site, PocketHealth, by clicking here. There is a fee to sign up. Once you’ve signed up, your imaging will be uploaded within 24-48 hours. For more information, please visit our website or contact PocketHealth directly at 1-855-381-8522 or email@example.com.