CT (Computed Tomography)
At Humber River Hospital, CT scans will take you on a journey deep inside your body, revealing unseen details. The cutting-edge technology of CT scans allows our medical professionals to make precise diagnoses and treatment planning.
A CT (computed tomography) scan is a type of medical imaging test that uses X-rays to produce detailed images of the inside of the body. Unlike traditional X-rays, which only produce a single image of the body part in question, a CT scan takes multiple X-ray images from different angles and combines them to create a detailed, cross-sectional view of the area being examined. This lets our medical professionals identify potential issues such as tumours, blood clots, or internal injuries that may not be visible on a traditional X-ray.
CT scans are painless and minimally invasive and can be used to diagnose and monitor a wide range of conditions, including cancer, heart disease, and lung problems. We also use CT scans before certain medical procedures, such as surgery, to help plan and guide the procedure.
- Detailed images: CT scans produce detailed images of the inside of the body, allowing medical professionals to identify potential issues.
- Minimally-invasive: CT scans are painless and minimally invasive, making them a safer option than some other diagnostic tests.
- Speed and efficiency: CT scans can produce detailed images of the body in just a few seconds, which helps to speed up the diagnostic process.
- Multiple uses: CT scans can be used to diagnose and monitor a wide range of conditions, including cancer, heart disease, and lung problems.
- Assist in treatment planning: CT scans can be used to guide medical procedures such as surgery, helping to ensure the most efficient and effective treatment.
Accessing your images
- To register for My Humber Health, our secure online patient portal, please click here.
- To request access to your medical records, please access our Health Records Department.
- Humber River Hospital patients can view, share and permanently store their medical imaging and reports by using PocketHealth!PocketHealth is a secure online platform that allows patients to access their medical imaging records as soon as they’re finalized anytime and on any device. To access your images and reports please visit our partner site, PocketHealth, by clicking here. There is a fee to sign up. Once you’ve signed up, your imaging will be uploaded within 24-48 hours. For more information, please visit our website or contact PocketHealth directly at 1-855-381-8522 or email@example.com.