MRI (Magnetic Resonance Imaging)
Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) is an important method of diagnosis available to us at Humber River Hospital. Our focus is patient comfort, safety, and accuracy to ensure proper care and treatment.
An MRI is a non-invasive procedure that allows our expert clinicians to visualize and diagnose a variety of medical conditions. Unlike x-rays or CT scans, an MRI is a non-invasive procedure that does not use ionizing radiation. We use powerful magnetic fields, radio waves, and a computer to create detailed images of the body. This can be particularly useful for getting detailed imaging of the brain, spinal cord, joints, blood vessels, and other internal tissues. Using an MRI scan, our clinicians can see a wide range of medical conditions, including injuries, infections, and tumours, and assist in the monitoring of treatment progress.
The images from an MRI scan can help clinicians monitor the progress of your treatment and detect abnormalities that might not be visible in other exams.
- High-Resolution Images: MRI machines produce detailed images of the inside of the body, allowing for accurate diagnosis and monitoring of a wide range of conditions.
- Versatility: MRI scans can be used to image a wide range of body parts and internal structures, including the brain, spinal cord, organs, muscles, and blood vessels.
- Radiation-Free Imaging: Unlike x-ray, CT scan, or Nuclear Medicine, MRI does not rely on radiation to produce images, but rather the natural magnetic properties of the body.
Accessing your images
- To register for My Humber Health, our secure online patient portal, please click here.
- To request access to your medical records, please access our Health Records Department.
- Humber River Hospital patients can view, share and permanently store their medical imaging and reports by using PocketHealth!PocketHealth is a secure online platform that allows patients to access their medical imaging records as soon as they’re finalized anytime and on any device. To access your images and reports please visit our partner site, PocketHealth, by clicking here. There is a fee to sign up. Once you’ve signed up, your imaging will be uploaded within 24-48 hours. For more information, please visit our website or contact PocketHealth directly at 1-855-381-8522 or email@example.com.