The Humber River Health Division of Gynecological Surgery is proud to have a team of experienced healthcare professionals and advanced technologies to provide the best patient care possible.
Our division provides patients with precise, safe, and minimally invasive techniques for gynecological procedures. Our surgeons perform a wide array of gynecological procedures using various techniques including open and laparoscopically, and robotic-assisted surgeries.
The Division of Gynecological Surgery at Humber River Health is dedicated to providing patient-centred care. Our team is trained to perform surgery using the latest surgical innovations.
Our team can perform a variety of procedures including Myomectomy, Hysterectomy, Urethral Sling, Anterior Posterior Vaginal Repair, Single/Bilateral Salpingo-oophorectomy, Hysteroscopy, and many others.
With a focus on patient well-being, our team is committed to providing our patients with advanced surgical options for the best outcomes and quick recovery times.
- Patients can expect quicker recovery times due to technological advancements that result in higher precision of incision
- Various techniques for gynecological procedures offer options for patients such as open incisions, laparaoscopic, or hysteroscopic, based on the patient’s condition
- Patients can expect a reduced length of stay in hospital with early post-operative interventions and management, utilizing a multimodal team approach
What to Expect
- Our outpatient hysteroscopies are performed by a team of gynecologists, anesthesiologists, and nurses
- Patients can expect post-operative care aligning with Enhanced Recovery After Surgery guidelines including early mobilization, nutrition, post-operative nausea/vomiting management, and an interdiscplinary team approach to augment patient’s return to daily living
- Patients and family members can expect real-time alerts on the patient’s surgical journey through the use of Steris RealView