Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
The Humber River Hospital division of Plastic Surgery provides care to patients within our community and throughout Southern Ontario. Our team of experienced healthcare professionals and surgeons performs a variety of surgeries including breast reconstruction and lymphedema surgery, hand and upper extremity surgery, microsurgery, skin cancer reconstruction and aesthetic surgery.
The Plastic Surgeons at Humber River Hospital work in collaboration with our colleagues in general surgery and oncology to provide the best care possible for our patients.
Our team consists of seven surgeons along with other healthcare professionals that are constantly working to care for our patients. Our team provides a variety of surgeries including immediate and delayed breast reconstruction to patients using implant or pedicle flap techniques.
Our centre is one of the few that offers lymphedema surgery. This microsurgical program continues to grow and we treat patients both locally and from across the country.
Our hand and upper extremity surgeons treat patients with arthritic conditions, traumatic injuries, sport-related injuries, peripheral nerve problems and soft tissue tumours. We perform wrist surgery, including arthroscopy and ligament reconstruction and we provide a high-volume clinic dedicated to treating patients using the WALANT technique (Wide Awake Local Anesthetic No Tourniquet). We collaborate with on-site hand therapists to provide the best follow-up care for our patients.
Our division treats a high volume of patients with skin cancer. Most skin cancer excision and reconstructions are performed in minor surgery under local anesthetic. We use a variety of reconstructive techniques including local flaps or skin grafts for the best recovery possible.
- We perform clinic-based wide-awake, local anesthetic hand surgery, minor surgery including biopsies and skin grafts provide rapid care in an ambulatory setting
- We have a dedicated staff of hand-therapists within the clinic to provide excellent patient recovery
- We collaborate with our general surgery and oncology colleagues to provide seamless reconstruction for breast cancer patients, including immediate reconstruction.
- We offer Lymphedema surgery to patients from across the country
- We perform aesthetic surgery of the face, breast and other body areas. This expertise includes post-bariatric skin reduction surgery