The Humber River Health Division of Surgical Urology has a team of experienced surgeons and healthcare staff that are constantly working to ensure our patients receive the best care possible. We work within the hospital and in our community clinic to provide urology care for our diverse community.
The Humber River Healths’ team of Urologists is a highly experienced team of healthcare professionals dedicated to providing the best care possible to our patients. We provide care in the hospital and in our community office to serve our diverse community’s needs. Our areas of clinical care include the following:
- Kidney stone obstruction
- Cancer care of the kidney, prostate, and the entire urinary tract
- Incontinence management
Our innovative team is proud to provide our patients requiring urologic procedures with safe, and minimally invasive options. Our surgeons use Da Vinci technology which helps them perform Robotic- Assisted Radical Prostatectomy to improve recovery and minimize post-operative complications.
Surgeons are on Faculty in the Department of Urology at The Temerty Faculty of Medicine at The University of Toronto and are actively involved in the teaching of residents, and fellows.
- We perform robotic-assisted surgery which has the advantage of decreased hospital length of stay, less blood loss, better tumour margins, and preservation of sexual function
- The improved laser technology we use allows for safer stone removal while preserving the surrounding tissues.
What to Expect
- Our Urology department is moving to cystoscopy space and now accommodating BCG instillations
- Our patients and family members can expect real-time alerts on the patient’s surgical journey through the use of Steris RealView