Humber River Healths Ophthalmology department has an experienced team of surgeons and healthcare staff that are dedicated to providing the best care possible for our patients. Our surgeons provide corrective eye surgery, primarily for ocular realignment (strabismus surgery) for both children and adults.
Our team of Opthalmology surgeons are trained and experienced in providing care to patients of all ages.
Our surgeons perform strabismus corrective surgery for children and adults, and they can provide eye examinations for neonates, and emergency eye treatments for the community.
Our surgeons are actively involved in the medical community as Faculty in the Department of Ophthalmology at The Temerty Faculty of Medicine at The University of Toronto where they continue to learn and teach medical students, residents and fellows.
- Our surgeons perform improved ocular alignment
- Provide surgery for a reduction or elimination of double vision
- Provide care to restore sensory binocular fusion,
- Our procedures can provide patients with an expansion of the binocular visual field
- Patients often experience improved social skills and self-image after having a procedure
What to Expect
- Strabismus surgery is a same-day procedure that is performed under general or local anesthesia, as required.
- The patient spends only a few hours in the hospital with minimal preoperative preparation
- The surgery takes anywhere from about 30 minutes to two hours.
- You’ll go to a recovery room after surgery. Our team will keep monitoring your vital signs until you go home.
- Because the surgery does not require cutting major muscles, patients typically experience less pain after surgery and require less pain medication.