The department of Vascular Surgery at Humber River Health’s experienced team provides comprehensive leading-edge care with timely access to clinical assessment, diagnostic evaluations and therapeutic interventions, for the full spectrum of arterial and venous diseases.
The Vascular Surgery department at Humber River Health has an expertly trained team of surgeons and healthcare professionals who have specialized training in treating patients who suffer from vascular disorders.
Our Vascular team includes four fellowship-trained surgeons who specialize in treating patients who suffer from vascular disorders by using advanced endovascular and open surgeries for lifesaving procedures such as Aneurysm repairs, (FEVAR, EVAR, TEVAR and Open Abdominal surgery), Carotid Artery Disorders, Limb Salvage Procedures, Peripheral Arterial Disease, Varicose Veins, and Dialysis Access.
Our Vascular surgeons continue their involvement in medical education to provide patients with the best care possible. Our surgeons have academic appointments with the University of Toronto. The division members play a significant role in the training of local and international healthcare providers and surgeons.
- Our surgeons can perform minimally invasive endovascular techniques
- Our surgeons can create custom vascular grafts
- We provide critical service for local and regional vascular emergencies
- We provide cross-discipline, team-based patient care for stroke and hemodialysis patients
- We provide integrative lower extremity limb preservation treatment from wound care, in conjunction with community partners, through to revascularization that has provided access and equity for vulnerable patient populations, including those with diabetes.
What to Expect
- Minimally invasive endovascular techniques
- Comprehensive lower extremity limb preservation management
- Multi-disciplinary stroke and dialysis care
- Leading-edge surgeries by faculty surgeons